How can I get chloride applied to my gravel road?

The Road Commission of Muskegon County will help your township pay for one application of calcium chloride on each gravel road per year. Normally, this application is applied in early June. We try not to apply the calcium chloride too early in the spring as it is quickly washed away with the rain. 

Additional applications must be requested by the Township, which pays the entire cost of this maintenance. If you believe your road is in need of another request for chloride after completion of the initial application, contact your Township office.

Show All Answers

1. How do I submit a service request?
2. Where does the Road Commission get its operating funds?
3. Does increased driving mean more gas tax revenue?
4. What causes potholes?
5. My vehicle was damaged due to the condition of a road - is the Road Commission going to pay for it?
6. How can I get my road paved?
7. Can I fill in the ditch and plant trees in front of my property?
8. Why do you spread all that tar and gravel on the paved roads? There was nothing wrong with the road and now it is a mess?
9. How can I get my gravel road graded?
10. How can I get chloride applied to my gravel road?
11. Why is my road always the last one plowed after a snowstorm?
12. Why do the snow plows push the snow back into my driveway after I shovel?
13. What should be kept in mind when shoveling/plowing driveways?
14. A road commission snow plow knocked down my mailbox, what now?
15. What are weight restrictions?
16. Is the Muskegon County Road Commission responsible for state highways?
17. The street light is out by my house, who do I call?